28 August 2007

We're in the babies!



This is your basic, incredibly quick-knit-from-the-top-down baby hat. I purchased a Carter's outfit for a friend's new girl grandchild and made this hat to go with it.

Started by casting on 6 stitches, knitting i-cord until I could tie it in a knot, then placed three stitches on one needle 1 and three others on needle 2 (I knit in the round with two circular needles). I increase 6 stitches, every other row until the correct size is achieved.

Stop increasing and change pattern to K2, P2 in the round until the hat fits with a folded-back brim. Cast off in pattern (K2, P2).

The big surprise was the yarn. Bunny Hop from Crystal Palace Yarns. This yarn is 50% microacrylic, 42% micronylon, and 8% rabbit angora. It is the *perfect* baby yarn! Soft, soft, and softer!

The yarn label recommends a needle size of 7-8 US, but I much prefered a smaller needle. This hat was knit with a US 4, but I think I would have liked it even more at US 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments appreciated.

About Me

My photo
I'm Charisa on Ravelry.

Follow PULSH on Facebook

P U L S H © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO