07 November 2008

You can never have too many....

One more hat and scarf.


 

 

Hat pattern: Just Like a Peasant Cap by Amber Daniels-Cook (click for pattern - this is an Adobe PDF file.)
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca, 2 skeins
Needle: Size 6 US
Notes: Very easy to knit. Note, VERY warm in alpaca!

 

 
Scarf notes:
Merino roving. I dyed it with Jacquard dyes in blues and browns. (It was beautiful.)
Spinning: I spun thick/thin singles, then set the yarn in hot water. When I went to pull the skein out, the color was gone.
So, back to the drawing board. All blue was gone. I had an striated oatmeal/brown skein. I dunked it in a chartruese dyebath. And, presto, I have a verdant woodland skein.
Knitting pattern: K1P1. The front and back of the scarf are the same. Slip the first stitch, purl the last stitch, every row.
Size needles: US 4
It's so lovely. Soft. Green. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments appreciated.

About Me

My photo
I'm Charisa on Ravelry.

Follow PULSH on Facebook

P U L S H © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO