23 November 2008

Whole Lotta Catching You Up to Do

Work in Progress: Full Sized Top Down Set-in Sleeve Sweater (Women's medium, 40")
The neck will be picked up and knit with a rolled-edge. The sweater starts at the shoulders, then is picked up all the way round, including the sleeve caps and knit in the round, increasing every other row for the sleeve cap. (Link to previous entry about this method.)

Detail:

Finally, getting a Shawl posted that I have let sit in the "to be photographed" pile for too long:
Simple Yet Effective Shawl

Pattern: Simple Yet Effective Shawl by Laura Chau (click for pattern)
Needles: US 7
Wool: Mixture of Cascade 220 and Paton Classic Merino
Finish: Single crocheted edge with hand dyed Cascade 220. Despite the many many colors available in both these brands, I ended up needing something slightly different and handdyed the edge wool myself.
Notes: Fast mindless knit, blocks beautifully, and certainly there will be more to come. I discovered that if I add buttons, I can wrap the points around my arms and button it up for mock sleeves, they don't get in the way when I'm working and it becomes a shrug.

And, some photos of previously posted items, modeled by Marie:

Dew Rag Kauni Beret
Dew Rag, Back Kauni Beret Verdant Handspun Scarf
Transition Gloves My So Called Scarf Shadow Tam

Pictures, top to bottom (left to right as you go) - links to previous blog entries on these items:

Dew Rag (eggplant hat); Kauni Beret (blue green colorwork hat); Dew Rag, back view; Kauni Beret view 2; Verdant Scarf (green hand spun); Transition Gloves - Wow, guess I never posted about these!

Pattern: Transition Gloves by Kerin Dimeler
Wool: GGH Merino Soft, 1 skein each color

Photos continued:
My So Called Scarf (warm colors); Shadow Tam (warm color shadow stitching)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments appreciated.

About Me

My photo
I'm Charisa on Ravelry.

Follow PULSH on Facebook

P U L S H © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO