21 December 2007

Shapely Tank by designer Joan McGowan-Michael

Easy stockinette sweater that fits (if you pay attention!)

 

White Lies Designs | Tank Top with Added Sleeves
free pattern, click to view (sleeve pattern is an additional free pattern, click to view)
This was a project for me to try shaping at the waist and bust. I knit the front and back per the pattern and seamed the garment.

Modifications: Sleeves were knit 3/4 instead of the short sleeve per Joan's free tank sleeve download.

The sleeve is knit in the round.

The shaping of the cap sleeve was done with short rows instead of casting off so that prevented "stairsteps" in the cap sleeve rise,

I love the garter edges. Beautiful!

What I learned from this:

  • if the sweater feels like it is too short, keep knitting before you start the bust shaping. Although it looks fine on the dress model, I made this too short.
  • don't waste your time with crappy yarn. Just don't. This cotton/acrylic pills and pills.
  • I would add more short rows in the bust area, and upper back too. Try Cat Bordhi's You tube video on how to hide wraps, brilliant!

This was a fun knit, and I'd do another with the above mods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments appreciated.

About Me

My photo
I'm Charisa on Ravelry.

Follow PULSH on Facebook

P U L S H © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO