31 October 2009

Fall – Angora Bamboo Shawlette

 

This has been the most beautiful Fall that I’ve seen. The colors have been glorious. Truly. When I saw this Paton’s Angora/Bamboo mix I knew it was destined to be a remembrance of this amazing Fall.

Shawlette
Materials: Paton's Angora Bamboo Blend: 4 skeins
Needles: I used a US 6, Addi Turbo Lace Needle
Gauge: I have no idea

Cast on 2 stitches.
Knit 6 rows.
Next row: pick up 5 stitches, one in each garter ridge. You'll turn the corner and pick up the two you cast on too. Now you have 7 stitches on the needle.

Set up Row 1: K2,place marker, YO, knit stitches, YO, Place marker, K1 (center stitch), Place marker, YO, Knit to last 2 stitches, YO, place marker, K2
Row 2: K2, purl to last 2 stitches, K2

For the rest of the shawl:
Row 1: K2, slip marker,YO, Knit to marker, YO, slip marker, K1, slip marker, YO, knit to marker, YO, slip marker, K2
Row 2: K2, purl to end, slipping all markers to last marker, K2.

When I was almost out of color in one skein, I K1 in this color K1 in the next color (on a knit row). This created a little interest in the transition row. I knit a few stripes to kick off the shawlette, then knit large color block stripes.

Border:
Row 1: K2, slip marker,YO, Knit to marker, YO, slip marker, K1, slip marker, YO, knit to marker, YO, slip marker, K2
Row 2: K2, Knit to end, slipping all markers to last marker, K2.
Row 1: K2, slip marker,YO, Knit to marker, YO, slip marker, K1, slip marker, YO, knit to marker, YO, slip marker, K2
Row 2: K2, purl to end, slipping all markers to last marker, K2.

Cast off when you are out of yarn, Hint about this yarn: slippery! Weave in LONG ends. I like to leave a little tail out until after I block.

Soak in lukewarm water, spin out water. Block.Then trim the yarn tails that poke out after blocking.

Just a small sample of the beauty we’ve seen in the Pacific Northwest this Autumn. Lower res than usual, shot with my phone.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! (i am taking a break from binding off a caplet in the same yarn (to go with gauntlets in the same yarn (same needle size too!)--

    Mine is a solid, (the seinna/coppery color) and my only concern is it will be too warm.. but its lovely yarn isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments appreciated.

About Me

My photo
I'm Charisa on Ravelry.

Follow PULSH on Facebook

P U L S H © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO